Saturday, November 5, 2011

Grand Canyon (1991)



I kind of used to like Grand Canyon way back in the laser disc days.   It hasn't necessarily aged well, but it's still an interesting watch and very much a product of the early 90's.

First up, I had been to the forum in 2006 to see opening night of Madonna's Confessions Tour...

Screenshots...


Special thanks to Chas over at ItsFilmedThere.com for finding Danny Glover's sister's house....



Screenshots....





Chas also found Danny Glover's house....



Screenshots....




The auto garage in the film....



Screenshots....





The area where Steve Martin is shot is actually the back of a building that is now the CVS.  Coincidentally, Steve Martin also met Sarah Jessica Parker at the front of the building that same year in LA Story...







Screenshots....







Mary McDonnell jogs around this neighborhood before making an interesting discovery....






Screenshots....





Alfre Woodard's house.....




Screenshots....




The new apartment, which I didn't get very good shots of do to some unsavory characters in the yard at hte time....




Screenshots....





And finally Kevin Kline's house in the film.    While watching the movie for clues, I didn't have my listening ears on while watching the scenes.    When I looked away, I realized Mary McDonnel actually gave the address of the house in the dialogue....






 Screenshots...





4 comments:

  1. Really nice post! Always thought this flick was underrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pictures! One of my favorite movies! Grow up in southern California.The Soundtrack to this movie is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Pictures! One of my favorite movies! Grow up in southern California.The Soundtrack to this movie is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete